My Harvest Foods
My Shopping List
Sweet Potato, Apple and Walnut Muffins
Courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission
Serve With:Servings: 18
A great muffin to serve for a special brunch or with soup for a fall dinner.
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. fresh sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed or 1 (15-oz) can sweet potatoes (yams), drained and mashed
+ 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
+ 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
+ 1 tsp. cinnamon
+ 3 Tbsp. canola oil
+ 3/4 c. light brown sugar
+ 1 egg
+ 1 egg white
+ 1/2 c. skim milk
+ 1 3/4 c. chopped, peeled baking apples
+ 1/3 c. chopped walnuts
+ 1/3 c. golden raisins
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together oil, brown sugar, egg, egg white, mashed yams and milk.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add yam mixture, stirring until moistened. Do not over mix.
5. Fold in the apples, walnuts and raisins. Spoon batter into paper-lined or coated muffin tins, filling about three-fourths full. Bake for 20 to 25 min. or until done.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
Calories: 139; Calories From Fat: 22; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 12mg; Total Carbs: 23g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 65mg;