My Harvest Foods
My Shopping List
Mushroom, Edamame and Salmon Penne
Courtesy of Mushroom Council
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 c. uncooked Barilla Plus penne (or substitute equivalent)
+ 2 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
+ 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
+ 1 large onion, diced
+ 1 16-oz. bag frozen shelled edamame (fresh soybeans)
+ 4 sundried tomatoes
+ 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
+ 3/4 tsp. salt
+ 3/4 c. white wine
+ 1 1/4 c. vegetable broth
+ 1 lb. skinless salmon fillets, pan-seared and cut into 6 strips
What to do:
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and prepare pasta according to pkg. directions.
2. Heat one and 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and onions and cook, without stirring, for about 5 min. or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn ingredients and cook about 5 min. more, until other side is same color.
3. Add edamame and stir. Add tomato and sprinkle with flour and salt; stir for 3-4 min. to slightly cook the flour.
4. Pour in wine and broth, and then stir to integrate flour into the liquid. Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 min.
5. In a separate skilled, cook salmon in remaining olive oil, for about 3 min. on each side.
6. Add cooked pasta to other ingredients and gently stir to combine. Cook until thoroughly warm and top with salmon strips to serve.
Recipe and photos courtesy of the Mushroom Council and mushroominfo.com
Calories: 570; Calories From Fat: 160; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 58mg; Total Carbs: 58g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 40g; Sodium: 620mg;