My Harvest Foods
My Shopping List
Courtesy of National Turkey Federation
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 28 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 oz. Tabasco sauce
+ 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
+ 1/2 c. fresh garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
+ 1/2 c. fresh ginger, peeled and cut into slivers
+ 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped fine
+ 5 lb. turkey wings
+ 1 tsp. smoke essence
+ salt and black pepper, to taste
+ 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
+ 2 large limes
+ pickled ginger and wasabi for garnish
What to do:
1. For hot sauce: Mix together Tabasco sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cilantro. Cover and reserve.
2. For turkey wings: Cut off wing tips. (Reserve for turkey stock or soups.) Cut remaining wings into 2 pieces at each joint.
3. In a large Dutch oven or stock pot, stir smoke essence, salt and pepper into water. Add turkey wings and cold water to cover. Over high heat, bring wings to a boil, immediately reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 min. or until tender.
4. Drain and pat dry with a clean paper towels. Pat wings well to remove all moisture.
5. Heat oil to 350-375° F. Deep fry wings until they reach a golden brown, about 6 to 8 min.
6. Transfer wings in bowl, add reserved hot sauce and toss gently until wings are completely coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. To serve: Squeeze 1 lime and cut remaining lime into wedges. Pour lime juice over the wings and garnish with lime wedges.
8. Serve with pickled ginger and wasabi.