My Harvest Foods
My Shopping List
Courtesy of National Hot Dog and Sausage Council
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. breakfast or bulk sausage
+ 1 c. chopped sweet onion
+ 1 c. seeded and chopped green bell pepper
+ 8 large eggs
+ 1/4 c. cold water
+ 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
+ nonstick cooking spray
+ 8 (8 in.) flour tortillas, warmed
+ 1 c. shredded Pepper Jack cheese
+ 1 to 1 1/2 c. chunky salsa, optional
What to do:
1. In a large heavy nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking sausage into small pieces. Cook until no longer pink. Drain well on clean paper towels. Keep sausage warm.
2. Drain all but 1/2 to 1 tsp. of pan drippings. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook until vegetables are soft. Wipe skillet clean. Keep vegetables warm.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, water and pepper. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, add egg mixture stirring for 3-4 min. or until eggs are scrambled and set. Keep warm.
4. Layer 1/3 c. sausage down center of each warm tortilla, leaving 1 in. border at ends. Top each with equal amounts of vegetables, scrambled eggs and cheese.
5. Fold bottom edge up over filling and fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Roll up tightly.
6. Serve with salsa, if desired.